- Light and lean FACT 11m carbon HT 29er frame is engineered with a stiff, tapered head tube and 29" race geometry for pure speed
- Custom Specialized/RockShox Reba S29 fork with size-specific travel, is the lightest, stiffest performance XC fork, featuring Brain Fade adjustment, tapered carbon crown/steerer, and Reba lower
- New Roval Control SL 29 XC wheelset with carbon rims, OS28 end caps, Ti QR, and DT Swiss spokes and internals is insanely stiff, light and durable for riding straight through the rough stuff
- S-Works Renegade 29 x 1.95" dual compound 2Bliss Ready tires with aramid bead roll fast and still provide plenty of race-tested traction
- Specialized FACT OSBB carbon crankset with ceramic bearings is paired with a SRAM XX spider and 38/24t rings to create market-leading stiffness-to-weight for the ultimate power transfer
- Custom Avid XX World Cup R magnesium body brakes feature tool-free reach adjust, alloy-backed pads, and carbon levers with titanium hardware for ultra light and powerful braking control
Monday, August 30, 2010
Saturday, August 21, 2010
The 2011 Stumpjumper FSR and Camber are known for their efficient climbing, solid descending, and exacting amount of trail-tuned suspension. Enjoy this short video as they go through their paces.
The geometry will remind you of the Stumpjumper, but with a longer wheelbase. The Camber models offer pivot locations formed in tubes instead of welded separately.
The 2011 Camber Mountain Bike line will include
a 29er version in keeping with Specialized's indication earlier this year that they see the 29'er category growing significantly in 2011.
Friday, August 20, 2010
Will didn't have enough to do with selling and repairing bikes, so we have turned him into a YouTube Star. Over the last several weeks his YouTube videos have been viewed by almost 10,000 cycling enthusiasts from all over the planet.
Over the next week or so, three new videos will be added. You can be notified of new videos by following us on YouTube. We also publish each new video to our blog, and you can follow us on the blog. Another alternative is to follow us on Twitter. It is our belief that our relationship shouldn't end with your purchase. We want to help you have a great experience. Any way we can help you to get on the bike more and enjoy.
Posted by Randy Kirk at 4:44 PM
Cycle Up an Appetite - Fill it with BBQ and BeerWe in Southern California a truly blessed with resources for entertainment and relaxation that are almost boundless. So why is it that so many of us are sittin' on our backsides on Sunday afternoon when we could be out riding the trails with a group of cool folks. That group is averaging around 12 cyclists and likely to be growing substantially with the addition of free grub and suds.
In fact, go to Meetup.com
and sign in if you don't mind. You can still come if you don't go to Meetup, it just helps us out. Search for Montrose Sunday Mountain Bike Ride.
Posted by Randy Kirk at 4:41 PM
Learn More About Cyclocross. Join in the ActionMBS has been a huge supporter of the Cyclocross movement here in Southern California, and we appreciate the tireless efforts of the folks at SoCalcross.com
Today there are events for every age and skill level. The courses are laid out (often by MBS owner JL) to be as challenging and exciting as the location allows. (There is no truth to the rumor that JL designs courses with a certain blood lust).
The Hanson Dam Location is very beautiful and provides a free day in the sun with your family and a bunch of folks who just love bicycles. If you would like to learn more about Cyclocross, come on into the store or check out the SoCalCross website.
Posted by Randy Kirk at 4:37 PM